Program Coordinator (temp/maternity leave) at Boston University, Padova
Boston University Study Abroad Italy
Via Dimesse 5, Int.1
35122 Padova, Italy
Tel & Fax +39 049 650303
BOSTON UNIVERSITY VENICE PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Temporary; maternity leave coverage)
Boston University, Study Abroad Italy is accepting applications for a temporary Venice Program Coordinator. This will be approximately a 5-month assignment, covering a maternity leave, 36 hours per week.
This is a temporary position that starts on January 8th and ends on May 31st, 2018.
The position reports to the BU Italy Director.
To apply for this position please send a CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in
the object of the message the position title.
Deadline to submit application: November 15th, 2017
General Office Administration
• General Office duties including but not limited to answering phones, processing mail, greeting visitors and assisting students as needed.
• Ensure presence in office during scheduled hours to keep it open to faculty, staff and students;
• Organize events
• Order office supplies;
• Provide administrative support to Director, Assistant Academic Director and faculty as needed (e.g. in the preparation of excursions, booking museums, travel, etc.);
• Coordinate the operational needs of the program as they relate to office space, furniture, and cleaning
• Coordinate student arrivals/departures and practical orientation in consultation with the Director and Assistant Director of Studies;
• Coordinate all of the program’s social and cultural events and excursions, in consultation with the Director and Assistant Director of Studies
• Manage student housing, conduct inspections, conducts verification if problems arise with students and landlords
• Knowledge of Venice and ability to respond to questions pertaining to all aspects of student life and getting around the city.
Safety and security
• Act as main point of contact for student emergencies and be on “emergency call” duty 24/7;
• Assist students with navigating the medical system as needed
• With previous authorization of Director, assist with ATM card for all necessary operations related to the Venice program;
• Work with Finance and Operations Coordinator to sort monthly program financial receipts; monitor and maintain requests for reimbursements and program expenses making sure they are within the program budget;
• Submit monthly receipts to BUSA Padua Finance and Operations Coordinator;
• Collaborate with BUSA Padua Finance and Operations Coordinator on timely payments to consultants and providers
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Position requires knowledge of business administration; Bachelor’s Degree preferred in education or related field;
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in higher education; familiarity with both the U.S. and Italian university systems;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English;
• Knowledge of a second language and international experience strongly preferred;
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills and database applications; along with organizational, and administrative skills; high level of self-sufficiency; strong interpersonal skills;
• Must be able to balance competing priorities and manage work cycles that are tied to the admissions calendar. Must be flexible during busy periods.