Assistant to the Accountant at University of Notre Dame, Rome
POSITION NAME: Assistant to the Sr. Accountant
LOCATION: University of Notre Dame – Rome Global Gateway- Via Ostilia 15, Roma
HOURS: 20hrs per week, Monday to Friday, some flexibility in working hours required
PERIOD: January-June 2018
COMPENSATION: € 9.000 – € 10.500
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 30 November 2017
To apply, please send a letter of interest and a CV to Silvia Dall’Olio, Executive Director: email@example.com
To learn more about the Rome Global Gateway, please visit http://international.nd.edu/global-gateways/rome/
Italian “Partita IVA” (already existing or be willing to open one)
Fluent English and Italian
Previous experience in administration
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Basic knowledge of Italian fiscal regulations and/or accounting principles
Attention to details
Being a fast learner and being willing to research topics they are not yet familiar with
Ability to work well within a team while maintaining high standards of confidentiality
Basic knowledge of work contracts/labour law principles preferable but not required
Previous experience in academic environment ideal but not required
The tasks will include but not be limited to:
Relations with authorites
• Monitoring student/staff arrivals at Villa and communicating presence to Police authorities and regional authorities within 24 hours of arrival, via appropriate internet interface.
• Collecting and transmitting to the Ministry of Education the list of all students and all classes/programs taught in Rome.
• Collecting and transmitting data regarding student numbers to SIAE for compliance with reproduction fees agreement with AACUPI.
Student Immigration Procedures
• Help preparing enrolment letters for student visas.
• Have sessions with students at arrival to fill in application for stay permit, collect cash for procedures as well as all necessary documents/materials for student stay permit.
• Setting up group appointments at Central Post Office to file application
• Accompanying students on the day, handling all cash payments.
• Collecting and storing all proofs of application as well as appointment letters.
• Organizing bus transport to Central Police Station for group fingerprinting procedures.
• Accompanying students on the day and liaising with Police personnel to ensure smooth flow of group.
• Monitoring status of stay permit request and advising students when permit is ready for collection.
Academic Activities Support and Purchasing
• Help drafting Internship agreement contracts with local entities.
• Collecting offers/comparing prices and procuring best deals from different suppliers for purchases of goods/some services.
• Making purchases/travel bookings on request, ensuring all documentation issued is compliant.
• Checking and transmitting meter readings for all utilities (Ostilia, Villa, Monterone) + copiers/printers to make sure ND is invoiced correctly.
• Checking that utility and other bills match the readings transmitted or the offer/contract.
• Dispute bills/invoices if not matching what was expected.
• Preparing shippings using relevant accounts/methods and adding due custom documentation.
• Asking shipping companies for occasional spot tariffs in case of bigger shippings.
• Reception services.
• General office tasks.
• Collecting invoices/receipts from vendors/ employees and checking compliance.
• Scanning all receipts and sending them out for approval when approver is campus-based.
This list can be revised and updated according to RGG needs.